All of the skiers will begin at the east end of the Chateau parking lot.
GROUP “A” Skiers have the option to take Fairview or the Tramline to Moraine Lake Road. On Moraine Lake Road, go south-west with constant elevation gain as far as time permits. Have lunch and return, mostly downslope to Tramline. Descend Tramline to the Village (Samson Mall). The distance will be +/- 18 Km. Bus pick-up is at the Village at 3:30 pm.
GROUP “B” Skiers will ski down Tramline to the Moraine Lake Road. On Moraine Lake Road you, go south-west as far as you have time for, and have lunch at a place of your choosing, then return to Tramline. You will then complete your day with the thrill-glide down Tramline and proceed to the Village. Your likely distance will be +/- 15 Km. Bus pick-up is at 3:30.
GROUP “C” Skiers: You are encouraged to ski down Tramline to Moraine Lake Road. On Moraine you should have time to ski south-west to Paradise Bridge before returning to Tramline. You can then descend to Village Lake Louise where the bus pick-up is 3:30. NOTE: If the descent to the Village is not appealing, you may return UP Tramline from Moraine Lake Road to the Chateau and bus. Although it is uphill, it is not steep and it is shorter than going downhill on Tramline to the Village. You may also have time to enjoy the comforts of the Chateau. If you choose this option, you must use your Walkie-talkie and call Brenda and let her know you will go to the Chateau parking lot for pick-up. Bus departure time is 3:15.
- Groups A and B1+ Starting in the Village, snowshoe Louise Creek up to the Lake, then take Highline (and return) and finally, if time/conditions permit, snowshoe to Mirror Lake, return via Horse Trail. Pick up at Chateau (3:15 pm bus departure). Distance is 11.8 to 17.6km, elevation gain 255 to 550m.
- Group B1 Starting from the Chateau, snowshoe to Mirror Lake, return via Horse Trail, and continue down Louise Creek to the Village. Pick up in the Village (3:30 pm bus departure). Distance is 8.2km, 295m of elevation gain.
- Groups B2+ and B2 Starting from the Chateau, snowshoe Highline trail and return via Moraine Lake Road and Tramline. Pick up at the Chateau (3:15 bus departure). Distance is 10km, elevation gain of 100m.
- Group C1 Starting from the Chateau, follow Louise Creek down to the Village, then snowshoe the Bow River Loop. Pick up in the Village (3:30 pm bus departure). Distance is up to 9.4km, or AFATP, elevation loss of 195m.
- Group C2 Starting from the Chateau, follow the Lakeshore trail to the end of the Lake, or AFATP, and return. Pick up at the Chateau (3:15 pm bus departure). Distance is up to 4km, with minimal elevation gain.
Bus Coordinators: Rich White and Ian Jones
March 8, 2023
8:00 am - 5:30 pm