- Start Time: 10:00 AM (arrive early, 9:45 for sign up and orientation)
- Meeting Place: Near washrooms at the Edworthy Park North Parking Lot (4105 Montgomery View NW.). As parking can be tight, hikers joining from the south can park at the South Lot (off Spruce Drive and Edworthy St. SW), walk through park, crossover the river at the Harry Bothom Bridge and meet at the North Parking Lot.
- Description: Edworthy Park sits in a valley along the Bow River and was once a part of the Cochrane Ranch. In 1883 it was purchased by Thomas Edworthy, who after discovering sandstone on his property, operated sandstone quarries for the construction of many buildings in Calgary. The land was purchased by The City in 1962 for the development of the park.
- Route/Walking Details:
- Walk east along Bow River Pathway to Crowchild Trail (approx 3.3 kms) Cross over the river and return via the Bow River Pathway on the other side (approx 8 kms)
- Or continue along river to 10 Street NW and cross over and return on other side (approx 12kms)
- For those who want a bit more distance, continue along river to Prince’s Island park (approx 15km return trip)
- Bathroom facilities: Near the North Parking Lot
- Post-walk coffee shop option: Angels Cafe
Coordinators and Sign in: David Lumley & Ann Staples
November 8, 2023 - November 9, 2023
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
Venue: Edworthy Park
4105 Montgomery View NW, Calgary, Alberta