- Start Time: 10:00 AM (arrive early, 9:45 for sign up and orientation)
Meeting Place: Inglewood Bird Sanctuary (2425 9 Avenue SE)
- Description: In 1929, Selby Walker was granted the permission to designate 59 acres on the west side of the Bow River as Federal Migratory Bird Sanctuary and thus the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary was established.
- Route/Walking Details:
- Explore the bird sanctuary loop for 2.25 kms
- Walk North or South along river path in a group as far as you like.
- Longer walk – head north along the river to Pearce Estate Park (via Harvie Passage 1.7 kms) then onto the Deane House (approx. 55 minutes). Continue to the East Village. One way distance approximately 5 km along river, or return through neighbourhood (approx. 4 kms).
- Bathroom facilities: Portable washrooms are available outside the Nature Centre from May 1 until December 30th.
- Post-walk coffee shop options: Coffee at Phil & Sebastian’s in the Simmons Building at 618 Confluence Way SE, or coffee at your choice of places along 9th Avenue that you can walk or drive to e.g. Good New Coffee, Rosso Coffee Roasters, Spolombos and Cafe Gravity.
Coordinators and Sign in: Lloy Bennet, Janet Monaghan & Cherry Tse
November 15, 2023 - November 16, 2023
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
Venue: Inglewood Bird Sanctuary
2425 9 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2G 4T4